Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MCCAIN PUTS CAMPAIGNING ASIDE, RETURNS TO DC TO TACKLE TRILLION DOLLAR BAIL OUT!!!!!

Presidential nominee John McCain has put his presidential bid on hold and plans to return to Washington, DC to lead America through this financial meltdown. Calling on Senator Obama to join him and the rest of their legislative colleagues, to work together until the Wall Street/Main Street crisis is over.

A very somber McCain, who forewarned Congress back in 2006 of this impending financial debacle, has put the onus on every member of Congress who were set to recess on Friday and return to their respective cities, to now remain in Washington and actually work through this crisis for the good of the American public.

McCain addressed the American public with the following comments:

"Tomorrow morning I'll suspend my campaign and return to Washington. I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision, I have asked him to join me.

I am calling on the president to convene a leadership meeting from both houses of Congress including Senator Obama and myself -- it is time for both parties to come together to solve this problem. We must meet until this crisis is resolved. I am directing my campaign to work with the Obama campaign and the commission on presidential debates to delay Friday night's scheduled debate on foreign policy in Mississippi. I am confident that before the markets open on Monday, we can achieve consensus on legislation that will stabilize our financial markets, protect taxpayers and homeowners and earn the confidence of the American people.

All we must do to achieve this is to temporarily set politics aside."

McCain warned that America was facing an historic crisis and Congress must pass legislation quickly. If we do not act every corner of our country will be impacted, we cannot allow this to happen," McCain said
.

No comments: